Back Office Engineer (Comverse MultiVAS)
• Install, commission, and integrate of VAS equipment, services and infrastructure
• Perform VAS equipment and services acceptance tests
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Broadcast System, VMS, MCA, IN, Call centre and Video Conference systems escalated from first line diagnostics.
• Providing technical reports to identify cause of service problems, and give preventive guidance to VAS Planning, Operations and Quality of Service (QoS) to avoid reoccurrence.
• Application or Software testing of new equipment before integration in a live network
• Customer support, customer experience and advise on improvements
• Configuration and Integration of the proposed solution to meet the customer requirements and debugging and testing
• System maintenance management - manage maintenance routines to ensure all VAS systems are up and running at all times
• Carrying out monthly system performance analysis, investigation and reviews and analysing traffic flow statistics and identifying bottle necks on all nodes under VAS.
• Tracking network troubleshooting of faults from the time of their occurrence till the time of their resolution
• Record and report logs. The logs are made only for internal database purposed, such as Daily Fault Log, Planned Work Monitoring, Complaint Handling, and Problem Summary Log
• Daily operation activity report for the suppliers back-office functions
• Provide interface to the Customer Care, Network Field Services, Network Optimization & Performance, Vendor, etc.
• Participate in the trouble ticket process overview and monitor the closure rate against set SLA times
• During network failure and while the problem still persists, check the SLA time remaining. This is based on the Escalation Matrix
• Ensure for all tickets outside the SLA are escalated to the Network Operations Engineer
• Issue and monitor Change Orders implementations to ensure that the intended objectives are achieved.
• Produces reports to compare actual versus agreed upon service levels at the end of an SLA evaluation term
• Maintain operational status of the access and core network using the Network tools, procedures, documents and routines
• Perform basic fault handling
• Understudy External and Internal High Level Support staff and acquire necessary skills to handle Network Operations and maintenance activities
• Routine maintenance tasks on the network nodes as per the schedule
• Strong knowledge of all field related activities concerning Comverse MultiVAS different systems.
• Strong knowledge and/or certification in UNIX or Linux, Database and wireless services inside out.
• CCNA /CCIE certification is a huge added value.
• Quick and self-motivated learner to cope with the dynamic telecom industry
• Knowledge of basic English language is an added advantage
• Experience in handling customer escalations and managing expectations.
• Knowledge in operating NMS and ticketing systems .product line professional
• Knowledge in ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, and Change management.
Skills / physical competencies:
• B.Sc. level in Electrical Engineering / Telecommunication, Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Self-supervised worker, Self-motivated learner, Creative
• Resilience and capable working on SHIFTS as well as emergency unscheduled work
• Team player with good communication skills
• Able to work closely with peers and other business units
• Good documentation skills
• Highly organized, structured and calm personality capable of prioritizing competing tasks/challenges that the network presents to the incumbent
• Can do spirit driven by the customer centric approach towards tasks and work in general
• Adaptable, used to working to tight time scales, motivated to manage own time, works well on own and with a team
• Attention to detail