Back Office Engineer (IP/Data)
• Responsible for both new IP integration and network troubleshooting in case of incidents on the IP segment.
• Working with IP devices from various providers like Cisco, Huawei, Juniper, Tellabs.
• Implement any IP configurations related to customer's network changes and new services.
• Management and maintenance on routers and Switch type Cisco and Huawei
• Management of Internet and TV customers an IP & ATM DSLAM
• Management of specialized connections of different types of agencies (banks, embassies, international structures) with the MP4100 and UMUX type multiplexers.
• Traffic Management 3G Backhauling with CSG (MPLS routers)
• Mastering of different free monitoring tools
• Mastering of the management of network incidents
• Support Engineer in the service quality of service platforms of mobile operators: daily recovery indicators KPIs to provide Daily
Reports on network quality
• Application or Software testing of new equipment before integration in a live network
• Customer support, customer experience and advise on improvements
• Configuration and Integration of the proposed solution to meet the customer requirements and debugging and testing
• System maintenance management - manage maintenance routines to ensure all VAS systems are up and running at all times
• Carrying out monthly system performance analysis, investigation and reviews and analysing traffic flow statistics and identifying bottle necks on all nodes under VAS.
• Tracking network troubleshooting of faults from the time of their occurrence till the time of their resolution
• Understudy External and Internal High Level Support staff and acquire necessary skills to handle Network Operations and maintenance activities
• Routine maintenance tasks on the network nodes as per the schedule
• Strong knowledge of communications protocols (ATM, TCP/IP, FR, X25, MPLS) and working knowledge of data networks.
• Routing protocols (IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS)
• IP Virtual Private Networks (IPSEC VPNs, MPLS-VPNs and other types of VPN’s).
• IP Management (Cisco Works, HP Open View, MRTG, PRTG, and SNMP or similar)
• Knowledge about GPRS technology
• CCNA certified
• Quick and self-motivated learner to cope with the dynamic telecom industry
• Knowledge of basic English language is an added advantage
• Experience in handling customer escalations and managing expectations.
• Knowledge in operating NMS and ticketing systems .product line professional
• Knowledge in ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, and Change management.
Skills / physical competencies:
• B.Sc. level in Electrical Engineering / Telecommunication, Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Self-supervised worker, Self-motivated learner, Creative
• Resilience and capable working on SHIFTS as well as emergency unscheduled work
• Team player with good communication skills
• Able to work closely with peers and other business units
• Good documentation skills
• Highly organized, structured and calm personality capable of prioritizing competing tasks/challenges that the network presents to the incumbent
• Can do spirit driven by the customer centric approach towards tasks and work in general
• Adaptable, used to working to tight time scales, motivated to manage own time, works well on own and with a team
• Attention to detail