Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016-29
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – OBO Site Security Management
OPENING DATE: August 25, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 07, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time 48 hours/week
This position is a time limited contract not to exceed three years
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN- 7
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP- 7
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This position is a time limited contract not to exceed three years
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Niamey, Niger is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Security Management Assistant in the Overseas Building Operations Office (OBO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Maintain all OBO security field office files, equipment, supplies, and furnishings in order to maintain an efficient and business-like working environment. Manage the OBO Site Security Manager (SSM) calendar of appointments, meetings and reports. Type and process all correspondence, routine and complex, for the OBO SSM field office. Finalize official correspondence to the contractor and local officials in support of the project security program. Coordinate and assist with the drafting and final preparation of all reports made to OBO and Post. Support the OBO certification program of approximately 1,000 or more General Contractor and subcontractor employees. Support the Foreign Service National Investigator with the investigation and vetting process and maintain daily project access rosters. Serve as liaison between OBO and General Services Officer for necessary procurement actions and shipping related issues. Serve as liaison between OBO SSM and the Budget and Fiscal Office for financial matters related to the OBO security field office. Maintain operational budget for the OBO security office under the guidance of the SSM. Employee shall act as an alternate timekeeper for the OBO staff.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below and attach specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
High School Diploma or host country equivalent and two years post high school study/diploma in secretarial or office management is required.
2. PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
At least five years of office management work with at least two years’ experience in supervising staff is required. One year related to specialized construction office experience with the U.S. Government is helpful.
High School Diploma or host country equivalent with at least seven years of office management work with at least two years’ experience in supervising staff is required. One year related to specialized construction office experience with the U.S. Government is helpful.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) spoken and written English and French are required. English will be tested.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Tact and grace in managing contacts and relationships with contractor personnel, counterparts at Post, OBO colleagues, and members of the local business and government communities. The candidate must have the ability to maintain a complex system of electronic and hard copy files and records. The ability to type 30 words per minute with a minimum of mistakes is essential and will be tested. Must be skilled in managing an office budget and have a working knowledge of a variety of office equipment. Typing will be tested.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: A thorough knowledge of office management functions, service, procedures and standard information sources is required. Good working knowledge of computer systems, LAN administration, and programs used to support secretarial and cost control functions like Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) are required. Microsoft office skills will be tested.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://Niamey.USEmbassy.gov or by contacting R/HRO at 20-72-60-61 Ext. 4347.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: non-sensitive security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.