|Vue 2637 fois Dernière vue il y a: 1j 8h 2mn 18s || Partager:|
|Cette offre est expirée ; elle n'est affichée qu'à titre d'information!|
(Publiée le: 27 octobre 2016 à 09:49:06)
U.S. Mission Niamey
Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016-35
POSITION: Protocol Assistant/Translator
CLOSING DATE: November 9, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time 40 hours/week
The U.S. Embassy in Niamey is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Protocol Assistant/Translator in the Executive Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position serves as one of two Embassy Protocol Assistants/Translators and is under the supervision of the Ambassador’s Office Management Specialist (OMS). The incumbent performs full range of protocol, translation and representational duties for the Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission and is responsible for overseeing all protocol functions at the Mission. S/he serves as the protocol liaison between the Executive Office and the Government of Niger. Contacts include but are not limited to high-level officials in the Government of Niger (GON), diplomatic missions, prominent business and community leaders and heads of international governmental and non-governmental agencies. Responsible for maintaining, managing and updating Mission-wide contact database.
Incumbent is also responsible for translating diplomatic correspondence between the Embassy and the Government of Niger. May also provide guidance on translations to other Mission offices and agencies. Incumbent may serve as interpreter at meetings including for high-level delegations.
Applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below and attach specific information supporting each item. Please see the specific directions below under “how to apply”. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: University Degree, equivalent of BA or BS in English, Modern Languages, Political Science, International Relations, Law, or Business Administration.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV English (Speaking/reading/writing) and Level IV French (Speaking/reading/writing) are required. Level IV speaking Hausa or Zarma. English will be tested
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work independently and handle complex and technical translations under tight deadlines. Must be able to perform consecutive interpretation in meetings French to English and vice versa. Strong organizational skills in developing and maintaining Mission-wide data base. Exercise good judgment and tact in interacting with contacts at all levels within the Mission, Government of Niger, Diplomatic missions and other entities. Intermediate and advanced knowledge of Word Processing and Access or similar databases.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://Niamey.USEmbassy.gov or by contacting R/HRO, 20-72-60-61 Ext. 4347.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: non-sensitive security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
|Voir les Conditions ci-dessous|
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
Mailing Address: BP 11201
E-mail Address: HRONiamey@state.gov
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
|Bureaux US Embassy|
|(227) 20-72-26-62/63, Ext. 4015 or 4479|
|Imprimer||Envoyer à un ami|
|StatDev - Formation: construction des indicateurs synthétiques sous SPSS||Smart consulting - Formations 2017|