Chief of Party
URC is currently seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded 5-year health project in Benin. The Chief of Party will provide management oversight through provision of vision, direction and technical implementation of the project’s components. The COP will serve as a liaison between URC, USAID, the Ministry of Health, private sector and all project partners in Benin.
- Provide overall supervision of program activities, including management of personnel and subcontractors
- Monitor progress of program objectives to ensure quality control
- Serve as URC’s representative to USAID, the Benin government, other donors, multinationals, technical agencies and other participating organizations
- Manage quality and timely reporting to USAID through monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Lead development of all project activities including work plans and M&E activities
- Ensure technical capacity of staff and provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
- Ensure participatory processes, quality of analysis and timely feedback and reporting
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable and in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Conduct regular financial reviews and analysis of program spending to ensure cost effectiveness.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Advanced degree in international health, public health, or related field
- Experience working in health systems strengthening and understanding of the private health sector, pharmaceutical business processes, and health policy, and private sector supply chain for health care products in Benin
- Understanding and experience working on public private partnerships
- Experience in designing and implementing participatory planning and evaluation methods.
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills.