U.S. Mission Niamey
Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016-43
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
OPENING DATE: January 6, 2017
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN- 6
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-08
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Niamey, Niger is seeking eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Storekeeper in the General Services Office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The primary responsibility of this position is to control building/maintenance and motor pool stocks, including parts, equipment and expendable supplies. Ensures that the warehouse keeps a controlled environment, with access to limited staff members.
Applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below and attach specific information supporting each item. Please see the specific directions below under “how to apply”. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of High school or host country equivalent is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years previous work with property management or warehouse is required. Some experience with Embassy property management work, as in expendable and non-expendable supply.
3. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading English; French and Haussa or Zarma are required. English will be tested.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be capable of performing moderately arduous work, including heavy lifting. Must be able to operate the types of materials handling equipment utilized computer skills in word, excel is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of classes of USG property; familiarity with methods of property protection during moving and storage. Knowledge of procurement practices, supply instructions and procedures which apply to more keeping.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://Niamey.USEmbassy.gov or by contacting the Human Resources Office at, 20-72-60-61 Ext. 4146/4015.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: non-sensitive security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.